SOLD Aria Pro II SB Black and Gold I

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pharaohamps, Oct 14, 2015.

1. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    Price:
    Strings:
    OK, this is one I don't really want to sell. Aria Pro II SB Black and Gold I bass in good shape. Neck is straight, frets are good, but it's been played and isn't new :) There are a couple of dings through the finish, and there's a plugged hole in the upper horn. Neither affects playability. One pot has been replaced.

This is THE Cliff Burton Master of Puppets bass. Yes, you can sure play "Orion" on this girl and it sounds right. There aren't many of these around, since only around 200 were made back in the day. Passive, neck through body, 24 frets. It's a badass bass. Includes the original case in good shape, which is also super-rare.

No trades. Price is firm. I'll ship internationally as long as you pay for it.

aria_1.JPG aria_2.JPG aria_3.JPG aria_4.JPG aria_5.JPG

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    000_Unknown and dualtonality like this.
  2. pugbass

pugbass

Oct 15, 2015
    whats the nut width on this? thanks

3. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    1 5/8".

4. 000_Unknown

000_Unknown

Jan 18, 2014
    That would be the Elite style BNG with a thinner neck/nut as opposed to the earlier version of the BNG which was SBR style and has the slightly larger nut width. Both of them are thinner than the standard SB's. One of Cliff's BNG serial #'s was 4123392, so this was made the same year, just before they made Cliffs. Thats really cool. I used to pause Cliff Em All so I could try to read Cliffs headstock to figure out what he was playing. Strangely enough that is how I found out he played Aria Pro. I already owned an AP SBR at the time, so I was like holy shiz when I saw it in the video. That was 10 years before I found my first BNG and the quest never ended.

I always say I like the SBR series the best, but the truth is I really just love them all. I have "several" of these in my war chest. I would like to know for certain how many of these were actually produced, not just the BNG I but for the entire BNG series, basses and guitars. If anyone has a link, please send it to me. What kind of pot is in there now, is it the same specs? Also the dual sound switch screw nut looks replaced?

5. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    The replaced pot is a Bourns of the same value and taper as the original. I don't know about the toggle switch nut, I didn't replace it.

6. pharaohamps

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Bump

7. 000_Unknown

000_Unknown

Jan 18, 2014
    If you blink you may miss it..

pharaohamps likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021