Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown and rackmounting

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Nov 27, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    anyone figure a way to rackmount their stuff? the abm line mostly. i knwo they make a rackmount 500, but what about rackmounting a 900 or a 500? ive been trying to figure it out and well honestly...i dont see it happening. but it would be relaly nice to have. what do yall think?

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I dont think you are supposed to rackmount the 900 because the little black thing it sits in is the rack. At least thats what it looks like to me.

[​IMG]

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I've never seen an Ashdown(in person), but I do own the Behringer head, which I understand is a copy of that. What I'm doing is taking it out of the black case and then mounting it onto a rack shelf and then putting it in the rack. The Behringer takes up 2 spaces, so I'm guessing the Ashdown would too.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    well ive got a 900. and im trying to figure a way. i also thought the black thing would be the "case" but it doesnt do much good protecting the knobs and stuff. and i think the 900 is to big for a regular rack. and i dont think they make racks that are as wide as the 900. might have to just choke and forget about it.

5. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    try rack ears?

6. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, maybe. I wish I could be of more help, but I'm not familiar with those. Have you thought about building your own rack? You could make it to any dimentions you need. http://www.lookingforbuyers.com/free/rackcase.htm

That site has plans for a case. You might want to check that out if you don't come up with anything else. Good luck. -Brad

7. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i dont think they make rack ears for ashdown stuff. im not sure. ive never taken the thing out of the black case. i knwo how but im afraid ill never get it back in.

ill look into that custom rack if i cant find a suitable one.

8. Instead of a rack why not get a padded cover made up about £25.00 , not the vinyl Ashdown one but a custom one that slips on from the top. This will protect it and stop the knobs from being knocked.

9. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    id get that cover off their site right?