Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown balanced xlr?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kitcar765, Jan 28, 2006.

1. does the signal travel through the amps e.q before it leaves the XLR output? (ashdown MAG)

i want to rig up a small 1x10 combo to my 300watt combo, i want the 300watt combo handel the extra low and the 1x10 combo to handel the highs, if i rig the 1x10 combo via the XLR output will it be affected by the 1x15 combos EQ?

hope someone can get what im trying to ask, cheers

2. anyone?

3. According to your manual, both the DI and Effect Send are after the EQ, so the tone of your 115 will be passed through. For what its worth, if you wanted to slave an amp to the 115 combo, I would suggest using the effect out send as it does not break the signal chain from preamp to poweramp until you plug something into the return.

4. so the best way to do it is to plu the 1x10 combo into the effects send? , thats perfect, thank you! and its eaier and means i dont need to buy an jack to xlr lead. cheers a billion

5. The effect send is at line level rather than instrument level, so it might be a bit "hot". My Mag 300 head also has an "instrument/tuner" 1/4" output which should just plug into the other amp's instrument in.

Just play around and see what works, I guess.

- Rob

6. +1 on the effect sent perhaps being too hot, hopefully the pre-gain on the 110 can be turned down enough to compensate. My problem with using the "tuner out" is that when you mute the MAG, the slave amp will still be hot. Depending on what you use for a tuner, this could present a problem. If you use a pedal style tuner like the TU-2 there is no problem because it mutes your signal before it gets to the amp anyway.

7. a bit hot means that the signal is to powerful? could break the 1x10 combo? am i correct

8. will the signal coming from the line out instrument/tuner have gone through the mag's EQ?

9. Does your DI send have the option of pre or post eq stage button? I use an ABM and it has the button to choose between pre or post.

10. The manual doesn't state if the tuner out is pre or post eq, but I bet it's pre. Also, I notice that your head doesn't have a mute function anyway so you won't lose and functionality by using the tuner out.

Peter
    The DI and LIne out are post EQ.

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It goes through everything except the output.