1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Envelope Filter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by -Kiedis-, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I've searched for this filter in TB but i could only find FS or FT threads.

Does anyone have any reviews or soundclips?
    The exterior of the stompbox got my eyes on it.

2. Anyone?

3. ahh damn, would u be able to do some?

4. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    It sounds fat. I can do soundclips, although it might not be until tomorrow.

5. great thanks, how's the quality of the actual stompbox like the switch and knobs etc

6. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Super! Very solid. Only problem is the smallness of the dot on the knobs...can't see where it is in the dark, but it's not a problem for me because I set and forget. One bonus...the light for the dial is below/inside and it shines into the eye of my guitarist in the practice room. Makes him more creative.
    btw. this is my go-to envelope for distorted down octave (MXR Octave Delux into Eletrionix Mess Drive Hybrid). It handles all frequencies and input levels no prob., output has mucho bass freq. Earlier ones were too sensitive, or so I've heard.

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Mine either doesn't have a VU Metre light or it has never worked... :(

8. I used and loved mine for a couple years until the switch broke; then I had it replaced and used it some more. The key word here is CONTROL. More control over your sound than any other filter I've used. I got rid of it when I started using my MXR, but now wish I had kept it.

9. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    Any volume spike issues?

10. ahh yea I'm starting to get more interested in it now..xD any soundclips/videos/etc?

11. Does the light for the dial stay on even when the pedal isn't in use? like bypassed

12. tom_ric

tom_ric

Aug 14, 2009
    Israel
    yes it stays on. though it a true-bypass. another disadvantage, if you have a crowded board, is it size.

13. Ahh alright, now one more thing... any volume spikse and how's the tracking? :rolleyes:

14. tom_ric

tom_ric

Aug 14, 2009
    Israel
    I never actually had a chance to compare it with another filter. i dont have any tracking problems (i use a vintage rickenbacker 4001, and an american precision deluxe fretless). I think that lowering the input volume knob cures any volume spikes, and raising it cure tracking problems. after u do that, u can adjust the output volume with the output knob.

15. Solid.

16. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I had one for a while, and could not get it to track worth a darn for anykind of old Flea style finger funk sounds. Just seemed 'peak-y' and trebly to me.
    Sorry.

17. It's a toss up between Micro Q Tron or this.

18. Ripper91

Ripper91

Jan 6, 2008
    I got this pedal as a gift and being mostly a rock bassist I have no idea when it comes to this pedal :bag: I've been thinking of playing a solo on one of my bands new songs (hard rock band) using this pedal and playing with a pick can anyone give me any suitable settings for this or will this just not work?

19. well I haven't heard it before, try something subtler or softer that will get your dry tone expressed more than the wet .. Other than that, play something funky