1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG 210T Deep Bass Cab - decent?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Good morning:

I am thinking about buying an Ashdown MAG 210T Deep Bass Cab, to go with my Ashdown Electric Blue 180 head. This would be my extremely cute backup/rehearsal rig.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-210T-2X10-Deep-Bass-Cabinet-with-Tweeter?sku=605031

[​IMG]

A search on this cab turned up very little.

My main question is, Is it loud enough? I've seen the spec re "98 db" but this means nothing to me. I like the tone; I kind of like the price. The only place I can buy it locally though is an "all sales final" place, so I can't try it out in a band setting before deciding to keep it.

I'm not in a loud band, so ordinarily I would assume that it would be fine. But last week I tried out a bottom-of-the-line GK 210 at rehearsal and it was The Quietest Bass Cab in the World. I just want to know if the Ashdown is average at least.

Thanks--

--Bomb :bassist:

2. N8116B

N8116B

Jan 14, 2008
    Earth
    I have one and like it a lot. I use a MAG300 amp and am running this cab with a 15". Loud enough to power what I do and the sound is great.

3. I have one. It is quite the lovely little cab. I use mine with a GB shuttle 3.0 and I couldn't be happier. The only difference between mine and the one pictured is that mine has the "wing" grille.

mattpbass likes this.
  4. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    Cool cool! Thanks, guys.

I love it when a plan comes together.

5. N8116B

N8116B

Jan 14, 2008
    Earth
    The grill that looks like this one?

attachment.

This is my set BTW.

How do you like that Shuttle 3.0? I have been thinking of getting the 6.0 and downsizing to just the 210

6. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA

Swett rig, bro.

*drool*

7. Adam Bomb

Adam Bomb

Mar 26, 2008
    Bezerkely, CA
    OK - this rig sounds *really* good.

3390456517_66fcea75fe_b.

3391232082_554bb3836d_b.

I'll have to wait a week before I hear her in the mix. But we are a usually-no-earplugs band, so that's not a prob.

Another satisfied customer. Thanks again for the encouragement!