1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown MAG vs Avatar cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by samurai_24, May 15, 2006.

1. Hi, just curious if anyone has used both and can make a comparison. Specifically, I'm wondering if the Mag series of Ashdown cabs (410,115,210?) is as good or better than Avatar's cabs. I did a search, but couldn't find much.

2. bump

3. I played Ashdown and thought they were decent, but....while searching E(vil)bay one afternoon I found an Avatar 115 NEO going for around $150.00(us) *brand new* so I took a chance. Long story short - I got it for $215.00 and have been nothing but pleased! So much so that I bought a 210 NEO cab the very same day my 1x15 arrived.

4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I don't know how the Avatar cabs match up with the Ashdowns specifically, but Avatars are frequently rated as better than Ampeg, SWR, and GK cabs. Avatar makes a very good product for a great price, and back it up with outstanding service.

I have an Avatar 210 Delta and 115 Neo setup that I love the sound of.

5. Tony Gray

Tony Gray

Mar 6, 2006
    I've got Avatar Neo 2x12 and 2x10's. Loud, punchy, good sound. I can't compare because I haven't used the others but I like these better than my Ampeg 4x10.

6. That sounds like a sweet setup... any pics? What amp are you pushing them with?