1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown RootMaster RM500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bovinehost, Dec 20, 2018.

1. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Thinking about picking one up to augment the Markbass rig and a Fender Rumble 500 I use as backup.

Anyone have one? Thoughts? Reliability? The usual questions?

Jack

BritFunk likes this.
  2. BritFunk

BritFunk Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2009
    OK - I'll bite.

I have an RM-500, and have gigged out with it several times, as well as using it at rehearsals, etc. I have used it predominantly with a Hartke 112, both with and without a Peavey 118 cab (for larger spaces/venues).

LOVE the features - incredible control of your tone and great versatility. I'll vary between a very sterile, metallic 80's bass tone and a warm, edgy sort of "Roundabout" tone, and the RM-500 handles them both equally well.

Fair warning: this thing is loud, and I mean LOUD. I had rehearsal with a completely mental drummer and half-deaf guitar player and still didn't need to turn it above about 2. Made my fretless just *sing*.

At the end of several hours of ripping on bass, the amp wasn't even warm.

So far reliability is 100%. Not a glitch, not a hiccough - nothing. Does exactly what it's supposed to do, gig after gig, and sounds great.

My $0.02. YMMV. Hope this helps.

- Kurt

jeff7bass likes this.
  3. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy