Atlanta Area Graph-Tech Wizard?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BaceisthePlace, Apr 11, 2021.

1. BaceisthePlace

BaceisthePlace Commercial User

Jun 17, 2020
    Downtown Sound LLC
    Dear Abby,

I gutted a bass and had a new Graphtech system put in. Only thing is it’s not functioning and the guy is stumped. I need a Graphtech Guru near Atlanta and I don’t know of any. Any help is greatly appreciated

-Bummed

2. dwizum

dwizum

Dec 21, 2018
    What's the problem and what has been done to correct or troubleshoot it?

3. BaceisthePlace

Jun 17, 2020
    Downtown Sound LLC
    I think there’s a grounding issue. Weak signal from all four piezos and one of those noticeably weaker still.
    Also some mixed up wiring I think. The toggle switch for audio/midi/both has no effect.

What are your thoughts?
    The did an amazing job setting it up but I got him in over his head with the electronics. I got a recommendation for a guy here in atlanta. I have an appt. with him today. I’ll post his findings later.

dwizum likes this.
  4. dwizum

dwizum

Dec 21, 2018
    Let us know what he finds. The switch not working seems like a wiring problem. Weak signals could be lots of things. Piezos can be really sensitive to installation in terms of positioning and getting the right "pressure" on the element so to speak, it may not be wiring-related.

5. BaceisthePlace

Jun 17, 2020
    Downtown Sound LLC

6. BaceisthePlace

Jun 17, 2020
    Downtown Sound LLC
    I’ve installed two sets so far myself but with this round of upgrades I decided to have it done. I get the piezo positioning but with it being all four at a level that won’t hit the -60 led on my interface it’s way lower than poor contact between the string and bridge saddle. I can’t even hear it to begin tweaking that adjustment.

dwizum likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021