1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Attaching micro head to cab - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MaHei, Dec 26, 2016.

1. I need a grab and go / plop down and play solution. Have been considering a combo, but I already have a lightweight 1x12 and a micro head.

Has anyone got a good idea how to semi-permanently attach the head to the cab? I wouldn't hesitate to put a screw or four into the cab if necessary. The head is not threaded for rack ears.

I need to be able to one-hand the cab by its handle, which means the amp would be hanging on the side of the cab.

Any suggestion welcome and appreciated.

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    You could have a local metal shop fabricate a bracket similar to the Genz Benz Shuttle combo's bracket. A lip at the back of each side o' the bracket would keep the head from sliding through.

You'd also need a removeable front stop to keep the head from sliding forward. What'll work depends on the design of your amp's face, but a small padded L-shaped bracket could attach to one or both side brackets to keep the head firmly in place.

3. Have a search. Lots of threads on that.

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    What head?

What gigs are you playing that restricts you from taking 2 minutes from hooking up a head?

Bim1959, MrLenny1 and Lobster11 like this.
  5. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Epoxy

6. Velcro is cheap and easy. There is industrial Velcro as well that would even hold a ten pound micro on the side of your cab. I use a small cab and micro and think attaching it is silly and unnecessary. But that's just me. You can also attach the cab to a small mini dolly that harbor freight sells for about $7 and attach the head to the top of the cab and roll it in.

lomo and Munjibunga like this.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, Velcro.

8. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    You can probably plug in a head before the drummer or guitarist are near ready. What's the rush for?

9. Thanks for all your suggestions. So far I like the industrial velcro best, might give that a try. Think I saw someone on the DB side who did that.

It's not for gigs, but for our yearly workshop presentations. Need to be mobile and move the amp into another room several times a day.

10. I do a lot of gigs where I just leave 2 112 cabs on my mini dolly and roll in, plug in my head and spkr and power cables. When I finish reverse the process and never take the cabs off the dolly.

11. image. Just put your little rig on this and roll in, roll out. Miagi..... Easy peasy. All you'll have to do plug and unplug power.

The one I use is about the same size but with a folding collapsible handle.

12. Good one. Plus you could velcro/bungee the head to cab and dolly.

13. Bass 45

Bass 45

Jun 23, 2011
    Tempe, Arizona
    Unless stairs are involved.