Attn. Maiden Fans, "Up the Irons"!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DEVILMAN, Feb 2, 2005.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
  2. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Haha, that's awesome, even though the text was screwed up on my screen so I couldn't see all of it... still, awesome!

Maiden's depiction of this epic WW2 aerial dogfight is so vivid, it's not hard for the listener to imagine what it was like putting those Vietnamese bastards in their place- especially if you take a huge bong hit right before the guitar solo!

3. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    "'Run To The Hills' from The Number Of The Beast recounts the bloody battles between American Indians and the White Man in the 1800's. Mr. Bradley's lecture on the topic lacked Maiden's level of detail, not to mention a kick-ass Steve Harris bassline."

Haha, that was great. Up the Irons!!!

Graeme :bassist:

P.S. From that website, I learned what an iron maiden actually is. The lyrics make sense now! :)
  4. I started to laugh and then realized that that's pretty scary.

The world according to Steve Harris! Oi!
  5. oh, and I thought I read somewhere, that 'Up the Irons' is actually a reference to weightlifting...which they didn't know at first?

I do love their tunes. Seen 'em twice.
  6. BlackBass9

Dec 4, 2004
    Cool man! Up the Irons!

But you forgot to mention that Eddie is the new president of Brazil. oh and Japan too.

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

...and stuff.
  7. Well, Maiden does sum up history pretty well.
  8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    The omission of Eddie from the text amounts to dangerous revisionist history on the part of the publishers, who I assume are probably really big fags who listen to Warrant.

Ooooh it hurts to laugh!
  9. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    +1 :bassist:
  10. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas :D

That was great!