auditioning for bands

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by MonKey-TurD, Nov 3, 2003.

1. MonKey-TurD

Oct 10, 2003
    hey everyone, i've just got a new amp, which im pretty excited about, but now that i've got an amp which is adequite i wanna start playing in bands, doing gigs and stuff.

anyway i'd like to know any tips you may have for any aspect of an audition, not only playing wise, but talking, eg. the first phone introduction (as you can tell im VERY new to this, but im eager!)

any help is greatly appreciated!
  2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
  3. MonKey-TurD

Oct 10, 2003
    Well i've done an audition, which went quite well, they said they were impressed, but they said they would get back to me in a couple of weeks, my question is should i keep looking around for other bands while i wait for them to get back to me, or is it best to stick to 1 band at a time type thing?
  4. Typically, an "I'll get back to you" can be construed as "we're going to keep looking".

I'd move on...:D
  5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    I completely disagree. They may have another five bassist lined up for audition? Heymight want to discuss it as a group before accepting you.

Of the auditions I've been successful in, only two have been on the spot "it's yours if you want it".

Personally I would keep looking, they will, so shoudl you. If you have audition with a band that you prefer while they are still getting back to you then you know hat to do!