Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RMay, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Can an Avatar 115 4ohm be converted to 8ohm without a risk of damage? I know there are threads that answer this question but I only have a few minutes before I have to make a decision?

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Yes - if you buy an 8-ohm speaker for the cab and ditch the old one.

3. thanks!! Anyone know the what a decent 15 speaker cost? I am checking Eminence site difficult to locate a list price. I have make a move on this cab quick.

4. I called a dealer. They quoted about $90 for a Delta replacement. Thanks again!! greenboy

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    What's the price on the cab shipped? I've seen some suitably-sized empty 115 cabs on the net for about $150 shipped. Also, I'd consider a better driver than that Delta myself, and maybe even a neo.

If you are also planning on running another cab like a 210 or 410 with that, the Kappalite 3015LF would be a good fit.

6. The B115 is used at $125 local pick up. It is in great condition. I gave it a test run this afternoon with a 4 banger. The size of this cabinet raises a question. It is nearly the size of the B210 Neo and that makes me think the B115 may not handle the low frequencies very well. I past on the B115 for now and bought the 8 ohm B210 Neo for $150. Now that I have some free time, I will read the TBers opinions on the B115.

Kappalite 3015LF = $140

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021