Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikgag, Oct 7, 2005.

1. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    So I've already got a Avatar B210 Delta. I was going to get another one to stack 'em into a quasi "4x10" but I'm wondering about a Avatar SB112 instead.

How much louder will 2x210s be than 112+210 ??

I don't play 5'ers so the low B isn't a issue.

:confused:

2. personally if it was me I would get a 212 to go with the 210, this was the set up I was going to get but I got a 412 instead. but I think the 12's would get you a little better low end, and allow for more booty shakin than 10's just MHO

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I'm with violatedppl... if you can, get a B212, it and the B210 Delta go great together. If that's not in the budget, too big, etc. go with the SB112. The 12 will round out the low end and the 10s will fill in the upper mids...a great combination.

Then, if you're going somewhere with just one cabinet, you have two different flavors to choose from!!!

Have fun!!!!

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    2 x 2x10 would probably take a little more power to drive than the 1x12. I'd go with a 2x12/2x10 combo if possible, I bet it would be kicking.

5. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I, too, vote for the 2x12 or 1x12 over another 210 for all the reasons listed.....more thunder, better tonality in covering a broader spectrum, ability to have 3 different rigs for different venues, etc.

6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Keep in mind, two 2x10's does not a 4x10 make.... because you have two smaller boxes. Doesn't give you the same low end that you get with all four drivers in a single, larger enclosure.

Another vote here for a B212.

7. CetiAlphaVI

CetiAlphaVI

May 27, 2005
    Midwest
    I have the exact Avatar setup (210 & 112) you inquire about. I am currently using either an eden wt330 or a dbx286 pre into a Crest CPX900. With the Crest I use the internal Crossover @ 150 hz with the lows into the 112 and the rest into the 210. Sounds very good. I think the 112 cabinet is tuned lower than the B210, but either way adds a little more low end. Whether or not you need to worry about the low B, I break out the 5ver for a few songs, and they have no problem handling a low B.

As an added bonus, the SB112(delta) is even lighter and easier to handle than the 210.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Avatar B210 + SB112 user here. I have plenty of power [500w],volume and lows. I play 5 strings and 4 strings. I don't, however, play loud rock music and don't need ear splitting volume. I don't know your gig or requirements. If you need a little more onstage volume, I vote for the 2x12/2x10 setup. If you do lower volume gigs, try the 2x10/1x12 setup.

9. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Keep in mind that this is just my experience with my style of music (punk/metal) and my equipment.
    I have a 2x10 delta and a 4x10 delta. It's been relegated to sitting in the garage with a blanket over it. That combination was very weak sounding (with a 4 string) and thin. I almost threw it off the stage at the show we were playing. I've never had a combination of cabinets that sounded so bad before. And, yes...they were in phase and everything was working properly. Maybe the 2x12" would have more oomph to it. I don't know. I was trying to get a more portable version of the Ampeg 8x10" that I used to lug around.
    What kind of music are you playing? How loud do you get? That'll make a big difference in what you should look for in a cab.