Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Whats up with avatar cabinets? they seem cheap and well made looking, but ive never heard or seen one. are they comparable in quality to more expensive cabs (ampeg, swr, eden)? just want some help because I'm lookin to get a new cab, prob. 2x10s or 2x12s.
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In

A bunch of guys here use em.

They are good cabs for the $$.

But nothing compared to top of the line stuff.

Aguliar,eden,swr,ampeg,epi ect.

But if you're on a budget they are a safe bet.

Oh btw there is a search feature on the fourm.

Use it and you will find lots of threds about avatar cabs.
  3. thanks. what would you recommend in the $4-500 range. im looking for something with a strong low end and clarity
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Acme, Bag End, Eden, Epifani, Schroeder. The last couple are at the top end of your price range.

5. thanks, btw anyone know why an amp would randomly do nothing but make a really loud hissing noise. It's a hartke 1400 head. I know, its not that great of a head, but until 5 minutes ago it had done me well for over 4 years.
  6. whew forget the last post. apparantly my amp is very tempermental. unplugged it for 5 minutes and its fine now.

:rolleyes: technology
  7. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    I like my Avatar, it is a few years old and it is holding up great with heavy gigging around the area. I'm not sure how thet have changed over the past few years but I can only imagine they have gotten better.
  8. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    avatar certainly aren't the tops in design but i think they are a much better value than a lot of mid priced cabs with much more recognizable market names, such as brands that are known to be mid quality, or higher end brands that have a "budget" line.

btw, i don't consider aggie's "s" series cabs to be a budget line. they sound different than the gs cabs, and in some cases i like the "s" series sound better.