Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BuffaloBob4343, Jul 18, 2005.

1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Has anyone purchased the board from Dave and made the upgrade? I received an email from Dave that the boards are $24 plud $6 shipping. That seems reasonable, but how much improvement do they really make?

I put Dave on the spot with this question, and he said the improvement is subtle and there is an improvement with the hiss from the tweeter.

Anyone Avatar users out there that can weigh in on this??

Thanks!!

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I ordered a 210neo cab and a new crossover for me 212. They are on the way. I should get them soon. I will post once I get it.

3. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Cool! I have 115 and 210 Pros (Kappa) and I while I am very happy with them generally, I am always interested in making them sound even better if practical.

4. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Bob,

Do a search on "Avatar crossover". There was a huge thread on this just a few days ago.

Ralf

5. I wanna put an avatar in my posts. heh

6. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Hey, thanks for the tip Patter. I know a lot of people ask questions without doing a search first.

In this case, I actually did see that thread, but after perusing carefully, I did not see a single post where anyone had actually installed one of Dave's mod kits and reported results.

Sure were an awful lot of geek posts in their regarding the specs, and comparisons between Dave's new crossover and a 4th order, which I found interesting.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from Jazzin' once he has done the mod.