1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Awesome Custom Bass/Guitar

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Landy67, Jan 21, 2013.

1. OK, so I was in the small town in South Carolina, and I saw this in the window of the local Music shop.
    duling-guitar.jpg

The guy took a Bass neck, pickups and bridge and screwed them to a Strat copy. He sell's them!

This is Redneck technology at it's finest!

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    He couldn't mount the bridge straight?

3. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    A Picasso meets a Wishbass... :bag:

4. No, it was Awesome!!! He put a pile of washers between the bridge and the body of the bass to fill the gap where the body had been relieved. This guy was an artist!

5. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Inactive

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    If it were true redneck tech it would be bound by duct tape.
    I need an aspirin now!

6. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    Ha! I agree, but what it really needs is a stand make out of empty Milwalkee's Best cans. Then, it would really shine!

7. Does it come with a matching case?

8. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    Where in south cacalac did you find that beast?

9. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    How much?

10. I think he was asking $400, and he had a couple of them in stock. I didn't see a double neck guitar case but I'll bet he had some ductape gig bags that would do the trick!

I don't recall where I was, but I do remember that I flew into Charlotte NC and drove about an hour and a half. It was a small town and all I could think of the entire time I was there was Mayberry RFD!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021