Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Azola Eurocoustic...YOWZA!!!!!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by jacochops, Mar 11, 2006.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Hey all,
    I just got my Eurocoustic from UPS yesterday, and gigged with it last night. I have to say, it is absolutely the best amplified double bass sound I've ever experienced!! Loud, lots of air in the sound, growly, etc. Simply the best EUB I've ever tried. How many others here own one, or have played one?

2. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Wow. that looks nice. I just read on their website that the Eurocoustic was discont. is this true?
    Also, where did you order yours from, how much, and did you get a chance to play it before you bought it?

3. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I got it second-hand in the TB classifieds. I didn't have a chance to play it beforehand, but I played one at NAMM a few years back, and it was AWESOME!! Mine was set up in NYC by Bill Merchant, and is in pristine shape. It was discontinued because of the weakness of the dollar vs euro, as well as transportation costs.
    I paid 2200 for it, worth every penny and then some. It's fully carved, has all ebony fittings, and sounds like a million bucks.

You just have to keep looking!! :ninja:

4. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Hey Pat,
    I might be in the market for a eurocoustic, if you'd like to throw a price at me, maybe we could work something out. Just a thought... PM me if thats something you would consider.
    Also, Do you think that the Eurocoustic Bass would be good for travel? I'm looking for a great bass that sounds and feels like an upright, but I'd like to be able to take it with me as a carry on on a plane. Has anyone done this? Do you know for a fact its do-able?

5. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    The Eurocoustic Baby Bass certainly is too big for an airplane, but Azola does make a travel case for their Bug basses, so perhaps a call to Steve and Jill could help. I'm sure they have some kind of travel case.