1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

B4R-SVT810E connection question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mojo frankenstn, Oct 27, 2013.

1. I would like to know which cabinet (SVT810E) input is correct for the amp (B4R) output i have selected (mono/bridged, using banana clip). Also,
    is the mono/bridged output using a banana clip to 1/4 input jack to best utilization of the B4R max power rating? I would greatly appreciate anyones input. Thanks

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What options do you have on the cab? Most are just parallel in/outs, unless yours has the option to run the cab as 2 separate halves. If you have that option, you can run the amp stereo out to each half. Otherwise, just plug in mono-bridged to any full range in.

3. Do not use a 1/4" Phone plug when in bridge. It really is dangerous for the amp and you personally.

4. the cab has three inputs. one is the upper 4x10 dual mode only. the other two share the lower 4x10 dual mode only/mono inputs.
    should the banana clips be to speak on instead of 1/4?

5. If the cabinet has a speakon input then you should use it.

6. I will use the speakon input. Thanks Paul.

7. You're most welcome. :)

Does the amp not have a Speakon output??

8. I bought a banana clip to speakon cable (12 gauge). The cab does have two speakon input/output jacks. Why two? Would the second go to another cab?

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep.

10. JimmyM, is that James Brown wearing a Devo hat in your avatar?

11. Hell no!!! It's our Jimmy after he fell asleep in the sun! :D

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    LOL Paul...I wish! Actually it is a James Brown doll with a Devo energy dome, yes.