1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bacchus Marcus Miller Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kenjikun, Jul 28, 2008.

1. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    Anybody owns this? Found on Yahoo Japan auction. Selling for $700.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    Endorsing Artist: Gr Bass, Pyramid Strings, MPE Audio
    wow!
    like the fender one

never seen one

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I like the mild relicing. It just shows how big Marcus Miller is in Japan.:)

steweDbass likes this.
  4. I dunno if Fender would let another company do something like this.*

Maybe its a MM body with a bacchus neck. The neck joint doesn't look to be as snug as it should be in the third pic.

But I could be wrong.

*to a signature model, not any of fender's basses

5. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    This has my complete attention. I've been wanting a Marcus Miller for a while now, but I'm not about to pay the asking price for a new one, and buying used sight-unseen is out of the question. I know there's been discussion of Bacchus in here, but what's the consensus on sound/build quality? I couldn't care less about the name on the headstock, or pedigree.

6. TeeMartin

TeeMartin

Jul 18, 2006
    Bacchus isn't really cheaper than Fender.

7. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    donno32, I appreciate the offer but I'm just a simple 4-string player. I might eventually move up to 5 string one of these days!

I took another look at the going rate for the Fender Marcus Miller 4s on evilbay and they are cheaper than I remember them being. I would still consider a Bacchus, but I'd really like to get my mits on one to try out first.

After the Marcus Miller, the only other bass I'm really gassing for is a creamsicle Bongo.

8. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    Marcus Miller bought and played Bacchus bass and Bacchus is a high-end instrument handcrafted in Japan. (except the Universe series which are being made in China). This is a typical handmade Japanese Bacchus Jazz equipped with Bartolini p/u.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. That surely is beautiful.

steweDbass likes this.
  10. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    Do they have a product website?

11. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    No joke! wow.

12. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
  13. To kenjikun; the pickups are actually in-house Bacchus pickups. They don't use Barts anymore.

The actual site for Deviser (the company behind Bacchus), is www.deviser.co.jp/bacchus

Great basses, here's my two (on the left)...

IMG_1100.gif

14. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    The black baachus looks fab!

15. No, the Marcus Miller one is a Fender MM with a Bacchus neck added. All the hardware is identical to my MM.

16. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    +1. That'd be my guess as well.

17. Incorrect, they did produce this model years ago, but stopped cause of a slap on the wrist from Fender. They also made a Jaco model exactly like the Fender one. They had a number of models that were discontinued due to the Fender style headstock, hence why the newer headstocks look different.

18. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    When did he play it ?

19. hectorjcm800

hectorjcm800

May 16, 2008
    Mexico City
    For $700 IMO I'd rather buy the Fender. It's closer to the original and I find no issues with them. I have one. But being both the fender and the bacchus japanese, and sooo similar, in the end they might be closely related!

20. No kiddin'. You'd think the Fender Task Force would be all over this.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021