Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Background Hum

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, May 22, 2005.

1. I wasnt sure if i should put it in here or pickups, cus its more about the wireing than the pickups themselves

It would appear im getting background noise on my EDA and this is not common to them all (as i had thought it was), so in another thread someone pointed out the grounding wire could be loose, and as to not derail that thread too much, here we are, my problem is there doesnt seem to be a ground wire for the EDA, going by the schematics (unless im completelly missing it) :eyebrow:

Schematics:
    http://www.ibanez.com/wiring/wire.asp?y=2001&w=EDA905

2. Audere

Audere Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 7, 2005
    South Beach, OR
    Owner: Audere Audio
    The schematic shows the ground connection which is the wire coming from the far right of the schematic i.e. connected to the ring of the jack.

It goes to each pot body and then pin 2 of connector D. After making it to the circuit board it can go anywhere as required.

3. so could that being loose cause background hum?

i take with active basses its different to the ground connecting to the bridge