1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BAD fEARless 110 - greenboy goes even smaller

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CL400Peavey, Jan 21, 2013.

1. The first greenboy design around the 3010LF - fEARless 110. This one was built by Don Barry, and IMHO is a real stunner in black. No details on weight, but Don should be around to fill us in how some details.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Oh my. Totally outside the realm of my needs and budget, but that's a beautiful piece of engineering :)

3. Don's builds are so clean. Each of the greenboy AB's does something special that has the others talking.

4. majortoby

majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Where does this piece rank in terms of total acoustic output? I'm assuming somewhere in the realm of an average 212 or 115?

5. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    This is my F110, I should receive it this week :hyper:

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Now I'm wondering how this would compare to the Crazy 88.

7. Sorry to spill the beans! Saw these pics posted on the BAD FB page and I needed to share.

8. barryaudio

barryaudio

Feb 9, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Authorized Builder: fEARful bass, greenboy designs, Bill Fitzmaurice
    Weight came in at 31 lbs, which is close to a Crazy88. The F110 has similar upprt range content of the C88 but with sub-125Hz bass potential and voicing flexibility much more like other FEARLESS or fEARful cabs. The low-end is still very tight (like all FEARLESS) but can go MUCH farther. The F110 is a wedge that is modularly compatible with the F112 and F115 as well as the F210. There is a mid voicing switch on the back that gives the versatility of smooth upper mids or more aggressive attack.

Amazingly, the F110 sounds identical to the F112.

Regarding how it compares in SPL to mainstream cabs--I would put it at about the same as a 210 or really high-end 112.

Snaxster likes this.
  9. Thanks Don!

How does this do with the low string on your dingwall?

10. barryaudio

barryaudio

Feb 9, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Amazingly full with a very tight sound. You really need to demo one of these! I most definitely prefer this over the C88 for 5 string.

11. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Dayum.

Nice work, again, as usual.

12. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I received my F110 yesterday afternoon. Just limited time with it at home so far, but it's pretty darn fantastic.

First of all, I was surprised at how small it is. Despite all of my previous tape measuring and picture analysis you can't really appreciate it until you see it in the flesh. A really great little package.

The clarity of tone and evenness of volume across the fretboard is terrific. I haven't played a FEARLESS cab until now so I'll take Don's word that it's similar to the F112 & F115.

Regarding SPL, I haven't been able to give it a fair test but my initial impression is that in pounds x dimensions it exceeds anything I've ever owned. It has been commented that the F110's output should approximate the Crazy 88, but owning both the F110 seems louder, perhaps because of a more full and wider tone spectrum.

Hats off to Dave and Don for a fabulous design and build!

13. oerk

oerk

Oct 16, 2009
    Bavaria
    It looks absolutely stunning.

What kind of mid driver is in there?

14. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Faital, don't know the number. Here's a quick and crummy pic to give an idea of relative size to bass and furniture ;)

[​IMG]

alaskaleftybass and jeff7bass like this.
  15. JxBass, which mid voicing are you using with that bass? have you played around with each of them at all?

16. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    I've seen alot of pictures of that cab, but seeing it in front of that electrical outlet really show the scale.
    That this is tiny!
    Nice rig man!

17. barryaudio

barryaudio

Feb 9, 2012
    Massachusetts
    Yup, that's a 5" from FaitalPro.

JxBass: That's a sweet looking setup!
    Rob Allen --> Tecamp Puma 500 --> F110

18. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    M5N8-80?

19. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    If you mean the cab's 0/1 setting, currently "0" with Puma EQ "Hi" flat and "Hi Mid" slightly cut. But I'm still experimenting.

The Rob Allen is actually a Solid 4 with a chamber & f-hole. My design in conspiracy with Rob :bassist:

20. Zoomie

Zoomie

Jan 26, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Wow ! Sweet cab.

I never grow tired of seeing GB's cabs show up. Having my second one being built and already scheming for my third.

At this rate, I will be able to set up a showroom. People will come from miles around to play Smoke On The Water or Dazed & Confused.

Grats a beaut , sir. And I tip my hat to Don. Between he, Mark and JHawk, always something to raise my standing heart rate.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021