BadAss II bridge question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BarkSlayer, Aug 19, 2009.

1. BarkSlayer

BarkSlayer

Dec 23, 2008
    Northwest Ohio
    Can anyone confirm if the genuine Fender chrome "F" bridge cover for a Jazz bass will work with a Bad Ass II bridge? I have the cover and was thinking of upgrading to the BAII, but I don't want holes in my guitar if the cover won't fit over the Bad Ass.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Yes it will...I have a bridge cover and just tried it on my Highway One with BAII and it looks fine, seems to be plenty of wiggle room too.

3. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    One reservation I just noticed - there is more "bridge" behind the mounting holes on the BA than the stock fender, so the cover has to sit a little further back (plenty of side to side room), so if your BA is sitting towards the bottom of the body, the bridge cover will be very close to the edge, maybe even hanging over slightly.

4. BarkSlayer

BarkSlayer

Dec 23, 2008
    Northwest Ohio
    Thanks DK...haven't mounted the new bridge yet so I'll look into that before I bust out the drill!

5. can you send pictures from this???

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021