Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Band name question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rabid_granny, May 7, 2004.

1. I thought of a really cool name: Starcatcher. Then I did a google search and found out it was used by a childrens music label. Could we use the name for a band?

2. Check with the Library of Congress and see if they have patented the name, if not, use it!

Patents and Trademarks

http://www.loc.gov/

http://www.copyright.gov/

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i think starcather is really really lame. no offense. :) as Treena would say "Personal opinions are totally subjective."

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I guess it would be best to check with the Library of Congress, but unless you're planning on playing Satanic Grindcore, I doubt they will go after you, I mean, there are a bunch of bands out there that have the same names as some labels.

5. I was reading the Georgia Straight today Smash and went "Doh!". I saw Star Collector listed somewhere in the show listings. Oh well...we've been wrangling over a new name for the last 2 weeks.

6. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    what about canadian cats or rabid canadians or kitty fruit star or ............ :meh:

7. how bout "The Poopy Yucky Yucks" or "The Brek Breks" or "Zwan" well, maybe not zwan, but i'm listening to them right now...well, they did break up so...

8. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    yaGerAsemaNdanB

That will be my bands Name... I swear it...

Props to whoever figures it out (Its pretty simple...)

9. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    (Looking at a Star wars game)

The Prodigal Knight.

EDIT:

(Looking at Battlefield Vietnam)

Charlie.

(Looking at Final Fantasy Games)

Squall, Zidane, Cloud...

(Looking at books)