Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bands similar to the "Whisper Supremacy Cryptopsy"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DreamTheater, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamTheater

DreamTheater

Jan 4, 2003
    I can't find any even semi-decent tabs for these guys, so I figured the next best things is finding out bands that sound like them that have tabs or tab books out, so. that's it.

2. Do you mean the death metal band Cryptopsy?

Or a band called that whole thing?

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    1) Your signature is stupid/offensive.
    2) What if there isn't tabs for the band that sounds like them.
    1) Your signature is stupid/offensive.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Wow, I'm using this "+1" thing a lot lately.

+1

5. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Maybe you'd be able to find tabs if you actually knew the bands name. Which is just Cryptopsy.

And, +1 to the offensive signature comment.

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    If you are talking about Cryptopsy (in which case I'm guessing you saw the song name+ band name on a kazza search for death metal in an attempt to be xtreem?), I know there's some tabs available for some of their songs on a site titled 'Bassists of Death' (created by TalkBass member 'Coypu'). It's an old site so may not be up and running any more.

As for bands similar to them..that's a bit tricky :p However, Athiest and Cannibal Corpse are 2 death metal bands (though totally different styles) which both have great bass players.

Sorry if i come accross as an ar**wipe but...well..I am.

7. DreamTheater

DreamTheater

Jan 4, 2003
    Eh, thanks, but his site doesn't have much. I know my stuff by the way, Cannibal Corpse is way below average, and Atheist isn't really what I'm looking for, good bassist, but I'd like something "heavier." Come to think of it, you gave me horrible recommendations and you tried being a smart alek about it too. None of the bands you recommended sound even remotely like what I asked for, I'm actually laughing right now, you just threw out random death metal.

WOW THANK YOU GOOD JOB I THOUGHT THE NAME WAS WHISPER SUPREMACY CRYPTOPSY THANK YOU! It's ironic how you try to flame me for my ignorance regarding something when yours is even greater. If you knew anything about the band, then you would know that the style on this album is MUCH different than their others, and I was looking for bands that were similar to them in this "era."

First of all, it's "what if their aren't," if you're going to try and be witty and flame me, then use correct grammar. As for the "what if" comment.....do I really have to comment on that? Seriously dude, that sounds like something a little kid would say, grow up and learn English before you try to flaunt your stuff on the internet like a "big man."

I must say I am QUITE dissapointed with the quality of the members on this site, I remember when I used to post here (perhaps a year or two ago, I don't remember) the people were level-headed individuals who tried to help. It appears as if too many teenage kids who think they're big stuff have gotten a hold of mommy and daddy's computer.

...and if you big, strong, intelligent macho-men can't handle my "offensive" signature, I'll take it out just so you don't have to get offended everytime you look at it.

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Really?? Well, you used the wrong form of "their". Should have been "there". (since we are correcting people here now) :rolleyes:
    And in your title, you could have been more specific that you were looking for tabs from Cryptopsy from that era. But I would have thought that someone with your seemingly endless intelligence wouldn't need tabs.
    If you think this site is that bad, leave. Simple as that.

9. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    September 6th, 2004; a great day for irony.

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    "None of the bands you recommended sound even remotely like what I asked for" - what gave you that idea..the fact that I stated they're totally different styles?

OK..when you first posted I thought you were just some novice kid who had no clue, hence me pumping out 2 generic DM bands with good bass players.

I would help more so, but after re-reading your first post and the ones you've made since, I quite frankly can't be bothered wasting time with a 16 year old simpleton such as yourself.

:rolleyes: ****

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

OMFG DUDE UR so WRIGHT, bSiDZ I'm shure ghey peplZ lOoOve To haV thERR sEXuALETY usD AHZ un hinslt!! *** LOLOLOLOL!1111111!

Am I speaking your language now?

www.tabcrawler.com <--- There you go bud, I'm sure they know about bands that sound like other bands for the benefit of tabZ.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oh and since we've reduced ourselves to idiotic name-calling: This is the stupidest thread subject I've ever heard of. (reminder: I spend most of my time in off topic)

Hey guys, I really like Bela Fleck and The Flecktones, but there aren't any good tabz for them, could you recommend to me a band that sounds like them? Gee golly, I hope they have tabz for them, if they didn't, that would be gay.

13. hahaha this guy is a trip!

bye bye buddy

14. snapple

snapple

Nov 25, 2003
    Victoria-Vancouver Canada
    Endorsing Artist: PCL Vintage Amps
    Damn, there are a lot of people on this board just looking for a good fight... that's not the talkbass i remember. To a fan of the metal genre, it is easy to see that "whisper supremacy cryptopsy" meant the whisper supremacy ERA of cryptopsy. And who gives a rats **** about grammar and/or spelling? this is the internet and most people type fast.

Now, might I suggest you check out Decapitated if you haven't already. Also look into Abuse and Thorazine.

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Believe it or not Crytopsy is probably the second hottest death metal band right now. Cannibal Corpse still in first. And Whisper Supremacy is their... errr... most popular album. So yes, a lot of TBers do know what this guy is talking about.

16. DreamTheater

DreamTheater

Jan 4, 2003
    Eh? I hardly misspell, and my grammar is fine. Your humor is lacking.

WOW! This seriously makes me happy. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it. See guys, this is all I'm looking for, some help, something you apparently are horrible at giving. Again, thank you, one decent reply to my post.

Haha, you call me a "16 year old simpleton" yet you do something as childish as refuse to let me in on (what I'm sure are) deep, hidden bands that only YOU know about. Grow up, and I don't need your help, I'll find it somewhere else.

Hahaha, the irony huh? Perhaps I could have been clearer in what I was looking for, but as "snapple" said, any fan of their music (people I would be looking for help from) would understand what I was talking about. If someone doesn't know the band well enough to figure out the thread title, then they are most probably of no help to me.

I typed this out fast, so if there are any misspellings and I hurt your ego, then at least try to resist pointing them out.

17. DreamTheater

DreamTheater

Jan 4, 2003
    I'm posting again to reiterate on what I said earlier, if you can't figure out what I mean in the thread title, then don't bother replying.

I'd also like to thank snapple again for helping me out rather than trying to start an argument.

What happened to this place? What happened to all the older bassplayers helping out everyone with their knowledge? If it keeps going in this direction, maybe you should just change your domain name to www.mxtabs.net

18. DreamTheater

DreamTheater

Jan 4, 2003
    Yes, they obviously know what I'm talking about, judging by the overwhelming amount of helpful responses. Thanks guys!

MOD EDIT: Please reread the usage agreement.

19. DreamTheater

DreamTheater

Jan 4, 2003
    Someone please close this thread, only one person helped me and I obviously went to the wrong place for help. It's nothing but a flame war and I have no more time for it.

20. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    So, I'm ignortant for being a fan of clear, and grammatically correct thread titles? Regardless of how well someone may or may not know a band will not help them when faced with a poorly worded question.

And here's a helping hand, because the flaming in this thread makes me happy :rolleyes:

http://www.bassmasta.net/c/cryptopsy.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.