Unable to Duplicate Banner ads autoplaying / making noise

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by M0ses, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Out of the goodness of my heart I have had Talkbass whitelisted on my adblock. Because I appreciate very much that the site is here and free for everyone. The ads have always been reasonable, not particularly obtrusive, and many are relevant.

But they've started playing audio clips at me and that means Adblock goes back ON.

RoadRanger likes this.
  2. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    I didn’t think audio ads were supposed to occur. Might be a different issue. Moving this to bug reports so Paul can look into it if so.

3. SkyNet has become self-aware!

RoadRanger likes this.
  4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    If you can screenshot the ad, we can block it. Sorry, sometimes a rogue ad will make it onto the networks. In cases like these of course I always recommend you run malwarebytes as it is sometimes a malware app causing audio ads.

5. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

That ad drives me nuts too, it blasts at full volume and plays a video. Clicking it goes to Ling Ling, a chinese cooking site.

As fate would have it, I came to this forum to see if anyone else was complaining about it, and that very ad popped on this post. It's showing a full video but you can only see a portion of it.

ling.PNG
    snip2.PNG