1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bart mk1 custom spec?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Papazita, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Are there any differences in the Bartolini mk1 pickups and preamps between instrument manufacturers? Or is it a "one size fits all" line?
    I'm looking specifically at the mid/high range of Ibanez and the Lakland Skyline series basses.
    I currently own an Ibanez SR655 with mk1's. They're...ok. The preamp could be a bit better, though.
    i was just wondering if they had models other than the split Precision-style humbucker (a P in a soapbar shell), or if any manufacturers had custom spec'd versions.

2. I believe there is a factory somewhere in Korea (Cort?), which wires these pickups and sells 'em to the manufacturers: Ibanez, Lakland, Cort.

3. Jesse DeCarlo

Jesse DeCarlo

Apr 23, 2008
    You may already be aware of this, but Bartolini has a USA made replacement for the MK1. I think the 5-string version is called MK5. They are structured like a regular humbucker, with parallel coils and 4 conductor leads.