1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

basic drop tunings to explore??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by oldironsights, Mar 15, 2009.

1. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    Just wondering some of the drop tunings that you guys use?? I just started messing with the d,g,c,f.

2. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I love DGCF... Play in it all the time :)

3. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    right on! Do you play in a band with that tuning or just alone?? Anyone else???

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    It's not a "drop" tuning, but I play in C standard, two steps down from E.

5. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    if you cant tell im super new to tunings other than standard, so your low e string is tuned 2 full steps down to c, then what about the a,d,g strings??

6. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    From low to high, the tuning is C-F-Bb-Eb, so your E is tuned to C, the A is tuned to F, and so on.

7. jansenh

jansenh

Nov 22, 2005
    Stavanger
    +1.

This is my default tuning as well. Makes more sense than any drop tuning. Use this for metal which is my primary target, but also for some occasional blues. Makes me wonder why and how EADG got to be a 'standard' tuning...

regards, Henning - Norway

8. i play five string c# g# c# f# Bb in my band, which is everything dropped a semitone then the e string dropped another two so the guitarists (and i) can cheat at power chords. i drop what would ordinarily be the high c a further semitone too, cos when i write most of the stuff i use a guitar, and it just makes sense to have it the same that way.

9. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    My usual drop tuning is one and a half steps down
    Bass: C# F# B E
    Guitar: C# F# B E G G# C#.
    Listen to some All That Remains.

10. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS