1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass amp problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tuk, Mar 14, 2008.

1. tuk

tuk

Mar 14, 2008
    ok wen i was trying to play smells like teen spirit my amp just stopped working and i left it over nite and et c and it still doesnt work if any1 has any ideas y this has happend plz let me know:bassist:

2. Is there anything more you can describe? Did it make a pop before it shut off? What kind of amp is it?

Go into more detail.

3. tuk

tuk

Mar 14, 2008
    naa it didnt make a pop and its eternity

4. tuk

tuk

Mar 14, 2008
    and how do i chechk if the fuse is blown some pple say that mite of happend

5. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Pull out the fuse and see if there is any blackness in the glass or if the wire is broken inside

6. tuk

tuk

Mar 14, 2008
    lol i dont mind if its cheap its a 40watt amp and hey its good but it doesnt work

7. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    The fuse should be held in by a small cap near the power cord. Look for it, pop it out and check to see if it looks burnt, or the filament inside looks broken.

"It doesn't work" doesn't tell us anything, though. Does the power come on when you flip the switch? Is there any sound coming out whatsoever?

8. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    It's "broken".
    What you need to do now is have it "fixed".