1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass amp shopping advice...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vinylphile, Mar 22, 2009.

1. vinylphile

vinylphile

Mar 22, 2009
    Hey all, new to this forum. I'm shopping for a head/cab to upgrade my Fender Bassman 100, which I find farts out a bit with lower strings. Currently considering Ampeg SVT3-Pro and SVT-450H, Eden WT550 and Markbass Little Mark 2, to give you an idea on my price category. At present I play mostly classic rock along with some more modern alt/rock and occasionally classic metal stuff. I like a deep, woody, full bass sound. Any advice on which of these would suit me best - or other suggestions in this price bracket. Obviously I'll be trying some of them out on my own but I'm actually more of a guitarist and this is primarily for my studio recording purposes so I don't have a very well-trained bass ear...

Also looking for some advice on a cab - lots of Eden ones for sale used around here (both 212 and 115) - are these generally considered to be good quality and would they likely be the sound I'm looking for?

Thanks!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'd go for the LMII first, 3 Pro second. Not a fan of Eden, and I hate Ampeg's all-SS amps. Used to own a 3 Pro and liked it pretty well, but the LMII is the SS king IMHO.

3. BullHorn

BullHorn

Nov 23, 2006
    Israel
    I'd take the Eden in a heartbeat. Guess i'm not a huge fan of markbass.