Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass arpeggios?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, Oct 13, 2004.

1. I'm going to be getting a 7-string bass soon, and was wondering if there is anyplace where I could learn stuff like arpeggiated sweeps and that kinda stuff using tapping techniques and that sort of stuff. I'm relatively new to both of those things, but want to learn so I can create some crazy "technical experimental fusion grindcore" type stuff with a band I'm going to be putting together.

If anyone is knowledgable in this typa stuff and extended range bass techniques, I'd appreciate your help.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    As far as sweep picking, Scott Hubbell has a lesson on bassically.net about it with a short video of him giving an example of it.

3. Wildside

Wildside

Jan 12, 2004
    theater of pain
    just arrange the 1 - 3 - 5 (and maybe 7) notes in any chord across the 7 strings and sweep it up and down. Sometimes it's good to add the 3 and 5 notes on the highest string and then tap the 7. Scott Hubbell's lesson is really good.

4. jbassbaines

jbassbaines

Jan 17, 2004