1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass build by Tom Martinson currently underway...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vstringbassist, May 19, 2011.

1. vstringbassist

vstringbassist

Nov 17, 2003
    Canada
    I have a build underway by Tom. It is a bass design that I have wanted for sometime now.

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    You brave, brave soul.

Actually, I really hope that it works out. We get better with practice, listening to criticism, and learning from our mistakes.

Is he still selling on eBay? I also have a PM for you.

3. vstringbassist

vstringbassist

Nov 17, 2003
    Canada
    Yes, he is - this is where I found him. I read some good info and decided to give it a go. I did some more searches and I did find a not so favorable thread on here that I had not seen before. I am not going to judge now - I will see how it turns out. It has been sometime since that thread and hopefully as you say, quote: "we get better with practice, listening to criticism, and learning from our mistakes".

You have a PM for me? It has not shown up yet...

4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Based on some of what I saw, not more than a year ago, he had a LOT to learn. Best of luck to you and your bass.

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I was late on sending it, because I suck and forgot to click "send."

6. vstringbassist

vstringbassist

Nov 17, 2003
    Canada
    Update: Happy & anxious:hyper:! I have received updates (pics) as Tom goes along with the build. Communication is excellent! He has really nailed the idea I had "exactly" only based on a video of the bass (for the body -he really captured it better than I thought!) and a pic of the head with a slight modification.