Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Case for Framus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rippingglass, Mar 4, 2006.

1. I have recently aquired a Framus Star Bass, I think it's a 64. It is in excellent condition and I love it for my blues bands. Ths only problem is I do not have a case. The thing is huge and I have not been able to find anything that works except acoustic bass gig bags. It's pretty floopy inside one of thoses so I am searching for something better. Anyone out there have a suggestion on where I can get the "ideal" case for my beloved Framus Star Bass?

thanks,
    Dean

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Have one made if you want one to fit properly. Or measure up the bass, then visit your local guitar stores to see what they have available in generic hardshell cases.

You can always go online and search for "guitar case manufacturers". Check out their sites see if they have standard cases that will fit. If not, may be they'll make one to fit your bass for you.

TD

3. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    I sold a Framus Star bass to an individual in Italy several months ago and he wanted it shipped in a hard case. It turns out the local Guitar Center had a generic acoustic bass case that fit it like a glove around the sides but was about an inch too deep. I put in a couple layers of bubble wrap, set the bass in it and it looked as if they were made for each other.

4. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    For my Fender Coronado bass I bought a gig bag for a Flying V guitar

5. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    necro-bump for the same question. I've got a caseless 5/150 Star bass on the way, so will be looking to find a case that will fit.

6. Splods

Splods

Oct 7, 2012
    Adelaide, SA
    What about the Warwick star bass cases? I think their model is RC10807SAW

Ask the Warwick Facebook page, I'm sure they can help you.

7. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz

Thanks, worth asking. I'll drop them a line.

8. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic and card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Wish I could point you toward a case. I am posting just to say that you are most fortunate to find a '64 Star Bass! Is there a thread about it? 1 or 2 pickups? :hyper:

9. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    I messaged Warwick/Framus to ask if a 5/150 reissue will fit in a Warwick Star Bass case, and they say that the 5/150 is too deep for the Star Bass case. And, they said that they don't sell a case to fit the 5/150 reissue. Seriously, they make a premium custom shop reissue model but don't think to source hard cases it? Bizarre.

10. Splods

Splods

Oct 7, 2012
    Adelaide, SA
    Looks like you are going to need to look at acoustic bass cases, or get a custom one made.

11. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    No cases? That's really bizarre.

12. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Quick update, I found an acoustic bass case that fits the Framus perfectly.

[​IMG]

13. angelo gotti

angelo gotti

Feb 25, 2015
    Hi, I've the same problem with my 1966 Framus Star Bass....
    Can you send more information about the case you found?
    Thanks!

14. Aussie Mark

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    I bought it on eBay by comparing measurements. The brand is UXL. I think it's this one, because this is the same seller I bought my case from, but you should measure your bass and compare the measurements to the ones in the diagram to be certain .... Guitar Case to Suit Acoustic Bass Guitar | eBay

15. angelo gotti

angelo gotti

Feb 25, 2015
    Thanks Mark!!

Un saluto dall'Italia