Bass Central...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Starbucker, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Have any of you purchased instruments from If so, how was your transaction?

I have my eye on a used Stingray that they have on their site, and I'm considering buying from them. Any thoughts, warnings, etc?

2. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    B.C.s staff is second to none! Every one there is absolutly great to talk to and deal with. Don't have a worry in the world about dealing with those folks... :)

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    I've bought from Bass Central, great guys, would buy from them again, in a heart beat.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If I buy new, I buy Bass Central. Period.
  5. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    Very helpful, guys. Thank you very much. I'll let you know how it goes.
  6. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Just to add...

I have dealt with many dealers and bass central was the best. My Fbass is the only bass that will NOT leave the stable and I got it from them.

Their prices and pics are sorely updated on the website though. My bass still isn't marked as sold and a lot of other ones on there are as well. They are good guys to deal with, and don't hesitate to haggle a bit on prices. ;)
  7. Bought my Stingray from them in September. They were very helpfull. They sent pictures of both the Honey Burst 5's they had in stock and let me choose between them. They also gave me a whole bunch of Ernie Ball stickers. And plus, it saves you 75 bucks!
  8. I bought my Flea 4 from them, Beaver is a great guy and I will recommend the again in a heart beat.
  9. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I bought my amp and cab from them. Great transaction.
    Everybody I have spoken with there has been more than helpful.
    Give them a call you'll see....

I agree about the website though..... but with the size of their inventory it is no doubt a daunting task. :smug:
  10. i bought my warwick thumb N/T from them great people to work with.
  11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I've never bought from Bass Central but the times I've talked to them, they were very nice. I really wish they would get a webmaster who updated their cite at least once every two weeks! I've got the feeling they can afford it.
  12. TwoThumbs

Mar 27, 2005
    Staunton,VA USA
    I have bought a Warwick Neck Thru Thumb,Eden WT-550 and Epifani T210-UL from them.They are great guys and they have The Best Prices Period, and excellent service to boot.

It's a long,long way to the Bottom........Me
  13. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Perry was AMAZING when I attempted to deal with them. Unfortunately things didn't work out for a few reasons but if I'm ever in the market again and need to be ordering I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them.
  14. lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Yep, another one here. Great people . . . One of the best dealerships in the U.S. :oops:
  15. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I bought a new cab from them last October, they were great throughout the whole process. A+ team at that shop.
  16. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Yeah, I got a MM Sterling sent over here via them.

Great service.

Just one thing, the site isn't updated much (specially pics). You'd most likely NOT be able to buy any of the basses they have pictured as their stock changes alot.
  17. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Great dealer to buy from! I bought a new Lakland 5 string and a new Eden WT-550 head from them over the past few years. They gave me a good deal, even after adding the shipping cost all the way to Hawaii!

:hyper: :bassist: :hyper:
  18. The most knowledgeable, and helpful staff. Thier prices are in line. I highly recommend them for everything bass.

19. +1 Good prices, good service, honest
  20. alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    I imported from them when Gard used to work there. Friendly and faultless transaction.