1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass "clipping" Sound

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jono_TPD, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    I'm new to this forum and I thought it would be a great place to get tips and help in all aspects of playing.

I've started to do home recordings with a new band I'm currently involved in and recently made a move to an active bass which is also a 6 string !! So I'm new to this as I've been playing 4 strings and passive bass all my playing life, I made the move to help with ever lower frequencies and the "heavier" sound. I started to record some bass for the next release of my bands (these precious days) single and there seems to be a clipping sound coming from the bass when I start to slappa da bass. The signal isn'y hot its been monitored by two of us I've lowered the pickup too incase of strings touching the pickup and it's still there. I'm thinking maybe the action is too low and my slapping technique is a bit heavy, so any thoughts and ideas I will try out just to get rid of it. The strings I'm using are D'addario pro steels and the I'm slapping the low B string.

Thanks guys !!!