Bass Driver Deluxe vs Pod Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stacystarkweath, Mar 5, 2010.

1. stacystarkweath

stacystarkweath

Aug 11, 2005
    Recently had all of my gear "lifted" and have used the opportunity to upgrade. Replacing old Ken Smith Burner with Nordy J5? Excellent! 6 old stomboxes for a Line 16 M13 (with 2 Mission Exp pedals)? Perfect. However I want some tone shaping at the front. I found a Bass Pod Pro with floorboard for around $250, and bought a new Tech 21 Bass Driver Deluxe for $239. I know I am supposed to be gaga over the Pod Pro...but it sounds flat lifeless and tubby. With the Driver Deluxe I was able to set up 6 presets that instantly cover my needs (P p/u louder and richer than J p/u etc.). Sound phenomenal!
    Is it just me? What are other experiences that folks have had with the Pod Pro? I have spent hours trying to program some presets and just come up blank.

2. SunwellBass

SunwellBass

Nov 15, 2012
    What kind of board do you keep that all on? I'm making a board of my stuff, and I got the VP JR, the 2 Rocktron Hex's, M13, and Driver Deluxe. I was thinking Pedaltrain Pro would do the trick but I'm not certain

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021