1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass guitar question, if i may.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mojtahedi, Mar 1, 2008.

1. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008
    hi there, ive been playing the bass for almost a year now.
    my current bass guitar is the worst bass in the world, it is a g4m bass which cant even let me slap.

I had 2 main questions:

1) What is the main difference between the white vintage modified precision bass and the other sunburst(or sum colour like that) one.

B)If you recomend any other basses which are better than the V M P bass within the £200-£300, then please tell me.

Thank you very much.

Dara, :)

2. Hey Mo,

I have a V M J B. Plays ok, tuners and bridge are cheaper but it stays in tune fine. Didn't have quite enough bottom end so I put Fender Custom Shop J Bass pickups in it. They dropped right in. Plays good, sounds great for around $350.

Depending on what you can afford, you can spend cazillions on gear (ask my wife).
    I think it's good to find something more inexpensive that sounds almost as good as the high dollar units. I'd locate the Cus. Shop P bass pup's first, though.

3. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008

thank you for commenting, yess i have also considered the jazz version, i have a few friends who say good stuff about it. They are only like £250 here and i do want to customise my bass eventually so its a good thing that it was easy to customize.

thanks again for the comment, :)

4. A question: has the bass had a professional do a complete setup? That will solve most problems with playability.

5. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008
    yes, someone told me to do that so i did lol , but it still didnt work well- dont get me wrong i mean i can slap on it but ive played a ibanez and fender p bass before and it made my bass sound like a.... well a g4m bass.

thanks for the suggestion

6. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    If u want a new bass for slap i think that a p bass isn't the best choice from what i read around here. A j bass would be a better idea imo :)

7. mojtahedi

mojtahedi

Mar 1, 2008
    thanks , my friend told me that too

8. now, you *can* slap on a P, but a lot of that high end pop and twack that many people idealize comes from a bridge pickup, and a standard p lacks this, so you won't be able to get that sound.

9. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The only difference is in the color. Otherwise each Squier VM P-bass model is exactly alike.

If you're asking about the difference between the Squier VM P-bass and the Squier VM Jazz, then there's a big difference.