1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Guitar Software???

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Dmiels, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Dmiels

Dmiels

Apr 8, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Hi Janek, please excuse my very limited knowledge of music theory. I’m strictly a play by ear musician which leads me my question. Would you know of some PC software that would allow me to import songs and then extract just the bass portion from the song? Then perhaps even drop or raise the key of the song? I’ve been out of the industry for a while and with the kids off to college I’ve been asked to rejoin a local band in my area. I have some work to do so being in the IT field I would imagine that there must be something out there. Any direction from you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Fred

2. janekbass

janekbass

Jan 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Founder and CEO of http://janeksbassstudio.com
    I have no idea about software that would do that for you.... but as a musician that plays by ear, why don't you just work out the basslines by ear? it'll make your playing stronger, and you'll retain way more of the information if you actually do it yourself rather than letting a computer do it for you...

Easy,

Janek