bass head help!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StandYourGround, Jun 25, 2004.

1. So I've got the Gallien-Krueger 115BLX and 210BLX. I was using my old combo amp to power these until I saved up enough to buy a decent head. I need to know what you would reccomend for these. They are both 200W @ 8 ohms. How many watts and at what ohms (im thinking 4)?
  2. Your definatley running 4 ohms. But most amps will handle that. Likely suspects to look into

GK (RB series is better then the backline series)
    or just about anything else for that matter.

Play them to you love one more the the rest
  3. I would recommend the GK 400RB-IV. Deceptively louder than it's rated for and a perfect fit for your GK cabinets.

Gallient, is that the Stephen R Lawhead bookcover? I'm a big fan of his books.
  4. Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    GK (to me at least) seems very similar in sound to SWR: pretty hi-fi, a lot of high end, that type of thing. Depending on your style obviously, and your price range, would determine what would best fit you...

I know some people dislike the SWR workingman series, but for some odd reason ive always liked those more than their upper line stuff (especially the mo'bass, man that thing just doesnt like me...). Also the GK stuff would work well (you would think so, your using their cabs too..).

What kind of styles are you playing (both technique styles and musical styles)?
  5. Daniel Its a Monty Python poster, "The Bave Knight vs. the Black Knight" I will have to look into that writter, looks like good stuff
  6. The artwork reminded me of the cover for the Black Rood for some reason. My mistake
  7. bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    Carvin b1500 amazing sound, amazingly powerful. plust yuo can pick up another 2 cabs and run all 4.