1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass or music related nightmares?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by reasonbass, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Has anyone ever had nightmares of their gear getting destroyed or anything like it?

2 days ago I had a dream that I turned on my Mesa/Boogie Bass 400+ and I saw a tube heat up and catch on fire. The suddenly my whole amp was on fire!! I woke up in a cold sweat.

So anyone have any stories to share?

2. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Of course. In my recurring dream a band I am in is setting up for a gig, and my rig is malfunctioning. No matter what I do, I can't get a sound out of it; the band starts without me and until I wake up I am struggling to no avail to get it working.

I have this dream just about as often as the one where I am walking into a final exam in a class I have never attended and the one where I suddenly find myself walking around the halls at work in my underwear.

3. deepwater

deepwater

May 8, 2011
    I scratched my new bass only 3 days after bringing it home, so I had nightmares where it was almost torn to pieces because I was really scared of scratching it again and my mind kept that fear even during my sleep!!!

4. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    I had a dream that my drums had been stolen. I found them in a college dorm and the thief had been justified by the police to steal them.

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I always vividly dream I've been cleaned out by burglars. Studio's empty to the walls.

I also dream I buy an instrument that gets worse every time I look at it until it just becomes junk.