bass podXT question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ok, so i am thinking about getting a podXT, and i would love the rackmount version. of course, its mainly the sound i like and the shape of an effect box doesn't bother me. i just prefer rackmount. anyhow, i was just wondering what the difference between the podXT pro and the PODxt, other than shape...because i'd rather have the PODxt if its the same thing only in a different package and cheaper!

2. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Rackmountable, and I think a few more models and that's it. Line 6's site should have all the details you need.

If you go rackmount though, get the floor controler. As an alernative, I would look into their new floor units.

3. i am not to sure about the more models. i read the manual, which comes with both the xt and the xt pro, and it didn't say that any models were exclusive to one or the other. i did read that you can't biamp with the xt but can with the xt pro, and that is about the only real difference i was able to find, but i started this thread to ask XT users if there was any noticable difference (other than the obvious shape)
  4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio

I have the Pod Pro for Guitar in my home studio and that was a difference IIRC (perhaps it is in the downloadables though). I assumed the same for the bass.

Guess I was wrong.

5. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    The models are the same. The effects are the same. You can bi-amp with the bean version. The big difference is in the outputs, the rack version has digital outs, the bean does not. The rack also has an input pad which is missing on the bean version. I think the rack might have an effects loop on it as well.

6. ah...thank you gs, those were the only differences i could find as well. i do not need those extras, so i think i am going to get an xt