1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass pre amp question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Phat Phreddie, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Phat Phreddie

Phat Phreddie

Mar 2, 2012
    so i wanna take the plunge and have an active pickup bass , and in this case im designing it and making it myself , and i want to make it with 3 pickups and as i said , an active bass .

now , ive found a cheap preamp that has the separate bass , mid and treble controls , plus a volume and a blend , and on this particular preamp , it looks like the pickups go to the blend control , which goes to volume and then the preamp ( then obviously it does its thing ) .

my question is , since with the blend i can only use 2 pickups , and as said its the first control in the line , can i cut it off the circuit , and replace it with my 3 pickup array ( with 3 separate on/offs ) , going straight to the volume pot

2. You can wire it however you want. Preamps usually only have one input.