Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Bass Princess" T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by the ombudsman, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Anyone else thought of "The Qintar" when seeing these? I guess the Wild Eagle would look mighty fine in one of these.

Regards,
    "Drunk Beaver"

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    link?

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I don’t know, personally I thought that they're a bit sexist in nature. Demeaning women. But then, I’m a fruity liberal, so what the hell do I know?

4. Come on , why are they sexist ? :confused:

5. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'm gettin' one. I look damn sexy in Pink!

6. I also can't see how these things are sexist. Is it because princess is the female analogue of prince or because it comes in pink?

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    "Sexy, What wrong with being Sexy? Well I'll guess we'll just have to go with the solid black girls T-shirt. :D

8. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i know what i'll be getting for my birthday... :oops:

9. I think they're great. I ordered one in black; the sentiment actually suits me rather well. :D

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Damn, beat me to it. :p

11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Do you have something against solid black girls? :smug:

12. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

The pink color is pretty as is the design. However, I'd look kind of funny (at age 61) wearing a shirt that says "Bass Princess." Mine should say "Bass Queen." :hyper:

Oh I know what. It should say "Bass Geezer Lady." :D :D

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'll throw in ten bucks to get one for Mike Money. That'd be the punkest. Who else is in?

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

When I saw the ad, it jarred a bit with me - but I thought it was "patronising" to women, rather than sexist...?

So it is assuming that just because of your gender you aren't going to be happy with the standard TB T-shirts and that you need something a bit "girlier" ! :meh:

I wore my TB T-shirts last week at Jazz Summer School and one of the (female) Bass Tutors commented and said she would really like one exactly like that and I imagine she would have been rather insulted if I had said - no, you need a pink one that says "Bass Princess" .....;)

15. Hey! This thread is supposed to be about fantasizing on The Qintar wearing a 'Bass Princess' shirt!

Oh well, nevermind.

Regards,
    'Mild Bagel'

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    The only problem I see with that... there are like 3 girls on this forum. If they all bought one, and mike money bought one... that means you'd only sell like... 7 shirts.

17. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, that...does seem to be a bit of a problem.

18. Yes it is....and rightfully so. Ever notice that department stores have a men's and a women's? Do you assume this is some kind of dogmatic holdover from the late Precambrian? I'm not a female, but based on conversations with my wife, other women I know, and the appearance of the general public, I think it's safe to assume that women generally prefer clothes that are cut for them and are available in colors/patterns that men usually define as "girlie". It only makes sense that Paul has made shirts available for a market he might have missed if he continued to offer only the one cut.

Mike

19. Oh God, the thread got serious... :scowl:

I don't see what's the problem with having 'girlie' shirts for sale on the site. If my girlfriend played bass, I think she would look totally hot in a shirt like this. Even more when wearing only that. :smug:

Regards,
    'Weed Eater'