Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass setup by Ronald Sachs - Atl,GA

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by HillbillyTim, Feb 4, 2005.

1. I just wanted everyone to know how pleased I am with a setup I received from Ronald Sachs in Atlanta :hyper: . I took my 1984 Englehardt EC-1 to him and he did a great job. He installed a new endpin, ebony tailpiece, tailpiece hanger, adjustable bridge, ebony nut and also adjusted the sound post. It sounds great! When I saw all the nice basses in his shop, I was a little afraid that he wouldn't want to work on my inexpensive bluegrass bass but I was completely wrong. He was extremely nice, listened to what I wanted and then offered suggestions to fix it. He even took the time to answer a lot of new bass questions from me for my brother who just broke the neck off his bass :crying: .

I highly recommend him if you are close to Atlanta.

Tim

2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I had a pretty good experience in his shop when I got his opinion on my damaged NS Cleveland. Like you mentioned, no snotty attitude about non-jazz/classical players and a very honest opinion about what he thought he could do with my bass. Although he didn't think he could perform work that he could guarantee and advised me to send it back to Arnold, I got a really good sense of his integrity and I'll be going back to him for my more routine work.

Lotsa nice instruments in his place too!