Bass Tone???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassben12, Oct 9, 2011.

1. bassben12

bassben12

Dec 23, 2010
    Phoenix
    Hey guys. I've been a part of tb for a while lurking here and there. I have a question I'm looking to find a good tone for Hip Hop/Rap. Any suggestions? Most of the style is dominated by synths and the famous 808. Actual bass guitar examples are hard to come by, links and examples are very much appreciated. Just so you know I have a amjazz bass a yamaha trb1005 and a spector legend. With an assortment of amps and cabs. I tend to go for the backpickup sound thing sort of reminesent of Jaco and Richard Bona. But I think i'm looking for something mello with a good fundamental without sounding like a synth sub. Thanks for the help guys.

2. bassben12

bassben12

Dec 23, 2010
    Phoenix
    seriously doesn't anyone have anything to say?? man does nobody play any kind of hip hop or r&b?

3. Try hollow basses, like Hofner or Epiphone Viola.

4. Mayers

Mayers Guest

Sep 28, 2007
    as far as I know ... old rap was made with real instrument like NWA and Dr. Dre. I know that Will.I.Am has a real bass player.

for sound well ... I think i'll go with flat and much more on the neck pickup.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021