1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass was stolen!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by descendent22, Sep 5, 2017.

1. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    So a couple months back I had my 2014 Gibson Sg special stolen right from under my chin. I have suspicion on who it is but it's almost impossible to prove it. Anyway this bass was dear to me. It was my 1st USA built instrument and being the Fender guy I am I never expected to fall in love with a little short scale Gibson. I played the sh!+ out of that thing until it was taken from me. I bought it case included for $525.00 from GC. It was a one owner and won from a raffle. It sat in the guys closet until he traded it in. I still have the warranty and paperwork for it. Once I got into my cover band it took a back seat as I was playing my fender p bass and using a pick more often. Now with my band on a hiatus I'm back to playing with my fingers a lot and I'm missing that shortscaled Gibson a lot. It made life easier. Being the Mike Watt fan that I am don't help either.

I wonder if anyone has a short scale Gibson eb or Sg bass to sell for CHEAP or know where I can buy one for a decent price. Doesn't hurt to ask! I am currently in the process of starting an originals band and we are weighting material. I need that Gibson tone. I need that short scale neck. I'm obsessing over it. It's like losing a family member or something. I feel at a loss .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017