1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bass wheel recommendations

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by shoeline, Apr 18, 2006.

1. shoeline

shoeline

Jan 13, 2006
    Nova Scotia
    I am thinking of buying a wheel. Probably one of the cheaper ones but possibly an inflatable one. My bass is plywood (front and back) with carved sides. 8mm endpin diameter. Any positive/ negative experiences?

2. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    I have an upton wheel that I really like. It was around 40 bucks and well worth it.

HTH,
    Brian

3. I have another question about using a wheel, here is my situation:

I only live about a mile from my bass lesson, and the weather here is beautiful (though random) so I realy don't want to drive. Is there any kind of limit to the distance I should expect to be able to wheel my bass without damaging the instrument? I have an Engelhardt Swingmaster, which is laminated. I'm not so worried about myself becoming too uncomfortable, though I've never tried wheeling a bass around.

Thanks!
    -Bennett

4. kontrabass

kontrabass

Sep 29, 2004
    http://www.gainesbasswheel.com/

An excellent bass wheel, albeit an expensive one. It is quite durable on any surface...gravel, city side walks, deep forest trails, and perhaps a mud bog or two.

It takes a bit of getting used to when wheeling around a bass, but it is a lifesaver, especially in situations like yours (carrying long distances vs. a wheel). Uncomfortableness occurs on occasion, but nothing big.

Summed up: go with a wheel.

Alex

5. BenWC87

BenWC87

Jun 10, 2004