1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basses Loaded

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by hotdbass, Mar 25, 2006.

1. The piano player in a quartet I work with, (Jim Mooney) owned a recording studio in LA called Sage and Sound and recorded lots of great jazz groups over the years. He recently gave me a recording he did with Ray Brown and Arnie Egilsson, Peter Jolly(P) Jimmy Smith(D) which is just a great example of two bassist in a group. Arnie plays the heads arco and Ray does the walking, very tasty, and Jim did a great mix on the date. I think its still available at CD Baby.com, check it out if you want to get inspired!

2. is the cd called basses loaded? because i couldnt find it at the sight you gave me. its really interesting because a couple of friends were pondering a simliar project. one upright arco, either another upright pizz or a BG, and a piano