1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bassman 300 rattle

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by epic!, May 13, 2010.

1. epic!

epic!

Jan 16, 2010
    Getting A LOT of rattling from the inside of my 300 at high volumes. Im assuming this isnt normal and could potentially damage something in the amp. Anyone else experienced this?

2. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can't say I have heard anything like this coming from mine. It could be a retainer on the power tubes might be loose? Or on of the preamp tube guards. Here's hoping it isn't something more serious, that'd be a major bummer!

3. epic!

epic!

Jan 16, 2010
    if looking at the face plate its coming from the large square structure on the left side of the amp in front of the power tubes. unfortunately i dont know enough about the components on tube amps to be more specific.

4. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    That's the output transformer ...could be one of the retaining bolts is loose? also try taking off the silver shield covers on the 2 front preamp tubes...to see if the rattle goes away

5. raybone

raybone

Jul 14, 2006
    A.C Jersey
    I recently got a 300 pro, and found a little rattling from the front grill cover when the amp was pushed a little. It also did sound like it was coming from the metal tray the transformers are sitting on. I put a foam pad between the amp and cab. I also put rubber washers (homemade) on the front grill screws. This took the rattles away. Now how do I make the rest of the house stop rattling?

6. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    simple. you just need ALOT more rubber pads, washers and screws. ;)

7. earsplit

earsplit

Dec 1, 2009
    Austin, TX
    the springs on the tubes of my 300t rattle like a bitch. guess that's the price you have to pay for tone. if i'm loud enough, i can't hear the rattle.

8. raybone

raybone

Jul 14, 2006
    A.C Jersey
    Yeah. Or maybe build one of these. Concrete dome home. :eyebrow:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]