1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beavis audio

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by poor_gear_whore, Dec 21, 2006.

1. I just recieved an email from Dano at www.beavisaudio.com. I am currently #10 on the list for the batch of FKR( Four Knob Rat) that will be done in late Jan/earl Feb. I will post an extensive review and possibly some sound clips. Something about being on a waiting list for a pedal just seems so freakin cool. Even though I have not been able to play one of these yet, I am not worried. Having heard and played through his envelope filter and seeing the quaility of his work, I am sure this pedal will not disapoint.

2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    LOL this is amazing.

3. yes it is.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bump

5. I just recieved an email from dano yesterday. The pedals are ready. I will be sending payment soon and after I have a chance to really get to know the pedal I will post a review.

6. thats really cool!
    I have been thinking of making a stompbox like his "clipboard" pedal...i really like that idea :)

7. yeah, my dealings with dano have really inspired me to give diy a try. I think I will start with something simple first like a clean boost.

8. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    How much for the FKR?

9. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I've never heard of them before but after taking a look at that pedal.....I got a little tickle in my pants. I want one.

10. They are selling for $189. There is a waiting list because he only does limited numbers at a time, batches of 8-10 I believe. This is only the second run as far as I know.

11. Bad news. My amp went down and I have a gig this weekend. I have to get it fixed and that leaves me a little short on cash. I emailed Dano and let him know the situation. I will see what he wants to do. This may mean I will have to wait on the next batch if he does not want to hold the pedal for me for a few weeks.:(

12. Good news! I just sent payment to dano so it should be here within the week.:hyper:

13. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Keep us posted....soundclips of course.

14. No promise on the sound clips as I have no way to record them. But I will see what I can do.

15. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Sounds good. :) I'll be perfectly happy with a little review.

16. Recieved a reply from dano. Pedal is going to ship today.

17. Pedal arrived today! I only had a chance to play for a few minutes. But the initial impression is that it blows a standard rat away. I will post a full review after I get a chance to see how it works in a band setup. Possibly some sound clips too.

18. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    OOOOH! I need sound clips for this one! ;-D