Been Married One Year to the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Aug 8, 2009.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Someone said marriage was hard,....pfft.

It has flown by that's for sure.

We have been on a spiritual retreat for our anniversary. The last day is tomorrow. So that was our gift. A friend is taking us out to dinner so gotta go.

2. Congrats. Our spiritual retreat used to be 1/2 a case of beer and 2 packs of cirgarettes in the garage after the kids went to bed, but I'm pushing up on 9 years in the next several months. I've had a good time (since quit the smokes and the impending arrival of _v_s the Third has her sidelined in the alcohol department). I assume she has too, but how could being married to me be anything other than a near-theme-park-like experience, only with more sarcasm and mood swings?

I hope the next several years progress as your first has.

Mike

3. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Marriage isn't hard. It's staying married that can be difficult.
    Congratulations to the two of you. Keep on keeping on.

4. Good point, Jim. The Queen & I have been working on it for 16 years(Oct 4)married+8 years together+several of our early years stalking one another. I'm beginning to think it might just stick.
    Congrats to you both, warwick. :cool:

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm sorry.

6. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Life is like a box of chocolates.......

7. Congrats man! I just recently had my 8th anniv. Its all in how you look at it. What works for one house doesnt work for another. That and never let anyone define your marriage (esp. the media). Even with a 19 month old, its still straight honeymoon. :)

8. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    Mazel Tov!

9. JovialEvil

JovialEvil

Jul 23, 2009
    San diego, Ca.
    Congratulations.

10. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Congrats!

11. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Congrats dude! Here's to many more!

12. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Congrats on your one year anniversary!!! May there be many more! :bassist:

13. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Thanks all,

My wife and I have been together for going on 4 years total. Not everyday is Tiffany Cuff-links, but we communicate well, resolve our differences, compromise and move forward. It's worth it because there are lots of blissful times. I definitely don't see the difficult times as negative, just an opportunity to learn and grow and I'm thankful for the good times and the not so good times.

Staying married isn't hard when you've taken your time; worked out your own personal kinks and that is when you try to find the keeper.

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I just celebrated 16 with my bride. When you get a good one, hold on. Our first anniversary, she surprised me with my first 6 string bass (a Carvin), that she'd paid for with tiny amounts from our grocery budget (we were really poor back then). This year, for my birthday, she bought me my LowEnd Jazz 6 string.

I married out of my league.

15. Congrats...I was happily married for 8 years, then shortly before our 14th anniversary she decided to end it. Hope your marriage lasts a lifetime.

16. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    pfff, just one year? you are still in the honeymoon period, wait after the years pile up, then the fun begins :D
    congratulations

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    +1

18. The end of this month is 11 years, and no gun fire has been exchange. Though there have been moments.......

Congrats on the first year. It just gets better.

edg

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Congrats! My wife and I celebrated 20 years back in November. While there have been rough patches, we worked through them, and currently we are both happier than we have ever been, and love each other more now than when we got married.:cool:

20. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    1 year ???!!!???.....rookie :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021